Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day One

It was hard to leave Los Angeles, and even harder to process the concept that I will not be returning to Europe. (for now). So here I am. In Barrie, Ontario. Population 128,430  (it sounds bigger than it feels). I hope that this pitstop is temporary, but in the meantime, in an effort to stay connected (to myself, and to you), I will find one positive/constructive/creative/silly thing to share every day. Today there are two.
 My mom (like all good canadians) has the house (inside and out) decorated for the autumn season. The squirrels stole her mini pumpkins not once, but twice today. This made me laugh.
Yesterday I vowed that my return to canada would not affect my fashion sense. Specifically, I would not wear athletic shoes and casual clothing. As we speak I am wearing my ''livestrong'' edition nikes and yoga pants. (in my defense, I DID go to yoga). This also made me laugh.